We love hearing about your fundraising ideas for Lumos, like this one, from 10-year-old Annabelle who sent us the story of her sponsored silence and raised a whopping £225 for our charity.
Here’s what Annabelle said about her fundraising activity:
‘I am Annabelle and I am 10 years old and I did a sponsored silence for 24 hours. I did this for a brownie badge. I am a member of the Brownies.
“The reason I chose to donate my sponsorship to Lumos is because I love all of J.K Rowling’s writing. When I saw that Tales of Beedle the Bard was written for Lumos, I was intrigued so I looked Lumos up and I thought it was amazing that J.K thinks children belong in families and I agree.I think all of the work Lumos does is amazing. So thank you for being so fantastic.
I raised £225 including gift aid doing my sponsored silence and I donated it all.
My mum helped me do it.”
Interested in some book-themed ideas to raise money to help children in need?
Here’s some to get you started:
- Try a Sponsored spellathon, learn a list of words and seek sponsorship for every correct word you spell when tested at the end.
- Host a second hand booksale. Got a lot of pre-loved books that would benefit from a new owner? You could try selling them and donate the proceeds to Lumos.
- Dress up like your favourite book or character. (£1 a go!)
- Host your own quiz and make it all about your favourite books.
- Story time school fundraiser. Organise an event where teachers or parents read bedtime stories to everyone at school.